In the Event of a Collision
Know Your Rights
If your vehicle has been involved in a collision you have the right to choose where to have your vehicle repaired. Make sure you choose the experts at the Finch Collision Centre to restore your vehicle.
What is a 'Reportable Collision'?
The Highway Traffic Act (HTA) required that all collisions where persons are injured, damage is valued at more than $1,000.00 to vehicles or property, or the collision results in damage to any highway property, must be reported to police immediately. Under most conditions, you can meet your HTA obligations by reporting at a Police-Collision Reporting Centre.
The Collision Report Centres are partnerships between the Police Service, insurance providers and private enterprise. The concept of self-reporting collisions is the main function of the Collision Reporting Centres. Drivers involved in property damage collisions MUST report within 24 hours to a Collision Reporting Centre, where a police officer inspects the vehicle damage.
London Collision Reporting Centre
1001 Brydges Street
London, ON N5W 2B5
Phone (519) 661-2664
Open from 7 a.m. til 11 p.m. DAILY
More information about Accident Support Services International Ltd., and their locations throughout Ontario, can be found at www.accsupport.com
At the centre, advice will be given to the motorist on filling out a report form. An inspection of the vehicle will be done and stickers will be attached to the damaged areas. The motorist is then free to drive away (or have his or her vehicle towed if deemed not road worthy) to the Finch Collision Centre. In some instances, you may be referred to an insurance company of a direct repair facility.
Please remember you have the right to decide where you take your vehicle.
To Report an Accident
You may need to call the police in a non-emergency situation. The following is a list of phone numbers for the various police departments.
In Case of Emergency: 911
To get the closest police communications centre for any region within Ontario Dial 1-888-310-1122
Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)
On a cellular phone *OPP(*677)
The Finch Collision Centre
300 Southdale Road East 1-888-261-745
24-Hour Towing 519-652-2606
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Remain calm
- Call 911 if there are any injuries.
- On private property, the police must be notified if there is personal injury.
- Obtain the other driver's license number, name, address, telephone number and insurance, as well as the year, make, model, colour and license plate number of any other vehicles involved in the incident
- Obtain names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Unless injuries compel you to do otherwise, do not leave the scene of the accident until you have completed the previously outlined procedures.
- In Ontario, all accidents exceeding $1,000 in combined damage to both vehicles must be reported to the police.
- If there are no injuries, disputes or criminal activities, the police will ask drivers to remove vehicles from roadways, exchange information and report within 24 hours to a reporting centre.
- Do not sign anything for anyone other than the police. Drive, if possible, or have your vehicle towed to the Finch Collision Centre.
- Do not be intimidated by tow truck drivers who just happen to be on the scene.
Take Charge and have them take your vehicle to the Finch Collision Centre.
Not All Collision Centres are Created Equal
With a wealth of experience in the field, employees of Finch’s state of the art Collision Centre are able to handle all of your auto body and paint repair needs.
Customers will not only benefit from the assistance of experienced service representatives, but also from the most cutting edge technological tools. Finch’s laser guided Alignment Framing Machine ensures that all structural damage is corrected back to the manufacturers’ exact specifications. Our paint shop is an industry leader with its environmentally-friendly, water borne paint application system. Customers will also benefit from the FREE Estimates offered at Finch Collision Centre.
Finch Collision Centre is well-respected in the community and has developed strong relationships with all local insurance companies, making us your APPROVED Collision Centre. This ensures that your experiences will always be pleasant and hassle-free.