Understanding your Credit Score
Your credit score is designed to help financial institutions predict the risk associated with your purchase of a car, house, credit card, etc. Essentially, it's meant to forecast how (and if) you will pay your bills.
The higher your score, the greater your chance of receiving a better financing offer from Finch Hyundai. Apply for financing now.
How Your Credit Score is Calculated
- Your score is a number that ranges from about 350 to 850.
- In general, the higher the number, the lower the risk.
However, the systems that generate your score take into account several factors from your credit report, and each has a varying degree of importance. Some examples include:
- The timeliness of your payments, including late payments.
- The amount and type of debt you have.
- The number and age of your accounts.
- Inquiries created by applying for credit.
- Public records such as liens and judgments.
You can contact either of the major credit reporting agencies below to get more specific information regarding your credit score. Each agency can provide you with a copy of your report, including your credit score.